When designing a home, the floor plan is a critical decision. Many people choose open concept floor plans today because of how they change the layout of the living space. Milan Homes is a custom home builder serving Tampa and the entire state of Florida, providing homeowners with the open concept plan that are in high demand today. Here are nine reasons people love open concepts.
What Are Open Concept Floor Plans?
Also called an open floor plan or an open concept, it is any design plan that eliminates floor-to-ceiling walls dividing rooms that are traditionally divided. In this type of floor plan, living rooms, dining rooms, and kitchens become one giant, open room that is multi-functional and inviting. Homes utilizing this type of floor plan are more versatile with space you use in any number of different ways.
9 Reasons People Love Them
- They allow living areas to feel larger. Eliminating walls and doorframes trick your brain into perceiving the space differently because it is now focused on the whole area, not just a defined space.
- They allow more natural light to flow into the rooms.
- They allow more effortless movement between living, dining, and cooking spaces.
- They make it easier to entertain. Hosts in the kitchen can still mingle with guests in the living or dining areas.
- They allow a sightline between rooms, making it easier for parents to keep an eye on their children.
- They improve a home’s energy efficiency. Hot and cold air does not become trapped by walls and door frames, and the increased natural light reduces the need for lamps and overhead lights.
- They improve the resale value of their homes. Homebuyers are willing to pay more money for houses that have open concepts.
- They create a feeling of togetherness. Conversations can flow naturally from one area to the next.
- They create movement between the indoors and outdoors using French doors that open onto an outdoor patio, deck, or porch.
The Milan Homes Difference
We have over 20 years of experience in the construction industry. Homebuyers love our custom home builders because of our focus on designs that are functional and stylish. We assign a project manager to each building site. They are there every step of the way to oversee construction, answer questions, and help eliminate your stress. We understand the worries you have when building a home, both financial and time related. Our team is invested in designing and building the home of your dreams. We want to ensure that the time you wait and the money you spend are not wasted but are used wisely, creating a place you want to call home.
Open concept floor plans have increased in popularity since the advent of home renovation shows. However, open concept homes can be hard to find unless you renovate or build one yourself. If you are looking for a custom home builder in Tampa, the team at Milan Homes can help. Contact us today and let us build the home of your dreams.